Aging can be a challenging change to face, and unfortunately, it’s not something you can deal with privately. The process of aging often leaves behind tell-tale signs of its presence, most of which are physical rather than emotional or mental. Fortunately, there are many cosmetic procedures that exist to minimize these signs and restore a more youthful appearance.
Here are the seven most common physical signs of aging:
- “Turkey Neck” – As one of the most common signs of aging in men and women, turkey neck is characterized by a loose, textured effect on the skin under the neck, similar to that of a turkey. It can be corrected with laser treatments, Botox injections, and light therapies.
- Spotted Hands – Hands that show brown spots and have a lack of collagen in them are a very common sign of aging. Laser therapy can treat sun damage and collagen fillers can be injected to make the hands look more youthful.
- Thinning Eyebrows and Eyelashes – The hair on your head isn’t the only type of hair that thins with age. Your eyebrows and eyelashes can lose their fullness as well. There are special treatments and medications that can increase the growth of hair in the eye area.
- Drooping Joint Skin – Skin around the elbows and knees is often the most ignored when moisturized and most abused during daily activities. It can become droopy and sag. Knee lifts are a drastic measure to increase the look of the knees, but skin tightening injections can increase the look of the skin without major surgery.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles – Fine lines are found throughout the skin and are a precursor to wrinkles, which make a bigger indent in the skin. Botox injections and fillers can be used to reduce their appearance.
- Thinning Lips – Just like every other part of the skin, lips can be affected by age. They can become lackluster, thin, and even begin to lose their elasticity. Collagen injections can improve their appearance and injections can help stabilize the skin around the lips.
- Sagging Breasts – The longer breasts are subjected to gravity, the further they will begin to sag. A breast reduction surgery can help women with larger breasts by keeping the weight down and not pulling, while a breast lift surgery can also help reduce sagging.