Dennis Cramer, D.O. is a Board Certified Neurological Surgeon who specializes in both adult and pediatric deformity.
He remains active in medical research and publications, with a special interest in minimally invasive surgical techniques.
8/112008 – current
Riverside County Regional Medical Center
Departments of Neurosurgery and Orthopaedic Surgery
26520 Cactus Ave.
Moreno Valley, CA 92555
Ph (951) 486-4000
7/1/2008 – current
Arrowhead Neurosurgical Medical Group, Inc.
Department of Neurosurgery
26520 Cactus Ave.
Moreno Valley, CA 92555
Ph (951) 486-4460, Fax (951) 486-6510
12/17/2008 – current
Riverside Community Hospital
Department of Neurosurgery, Vice Chairmain
4445 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92501
Ph (951) 788-3000
7/30/2008 – current
Parkview Community Hospital
Department of Surgery
3865 Jackson St
Riverside, CA 92503
Ph (951) 688-2211
7/22/20I0 – current
Corona Regional Medical Center
800 South Main Street
Corona, CA 92882
7/1/2007 – 6/30/2008
Complex Spine Orthopedic & Neurosurgery Fellowship
University of Cincinnati-Mayfield Clinic & Spine Institute
Department of Neurosurgery
PO Box 670515
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0515
Ph (513) 584-3903
711/2002 – 6/30/2007
Neurological Surgery Residency
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center,
400 N. Pepper Ave. Colton, CA 92324
Ph (909) 580 -1366
6/24/2001 – 6/23/2002
Traditional Rotating Internship
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
400 N. Pepper Ave. Colton, CA 92324
8/1997 – 5/26/2001
Doctorate Osteopathic Medicine,
Western University of Health Sciences
309 E. Second SI. Pomona, CA 91766
Ph (909) 623-6116
Bachelor of Arts degree,
University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90024
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES. & PERMITS
Board Certified Neurological Surgery by the American Board of Osteopathic Surgery, 10/17/2007
Qualified Medical Examiner for the state of California: current
California state medical license: current
Ohio state medical license: current
DEA Registration number: current
California Flouroscopy X-ray Supervisor & Operator permit: current
MEDICAL BOARD EXAMS
NBOME- COMLEX level I exam – 06/1999
NBOME- COMLEX level 2 exam – 03/200I
NBOME- COMLEX level 3 exam – 06/2002
Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
Vertebrolplasty & Kyphoplasty
Traumatic Brain & Spinal Cord Injury
Degenerative and Adult Scoliosis
Pediatric and Adult Scoliosis
HONORS & AWARDS
Mayfield Clinical Science Award 2008 presented by the AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves, Mar. 2008
Osteopathic research paper awarded 1st place by the Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons of California (OPSC) for The Effects of Osteopathic Manipulation on Intracranial Pressure in Patients with Severe Closed Head Injuries, 2007
#1 Ranking In-Service National Neurosurgery Examination overall 2007
#1 Ranking In-Service National Neurosurgery Examination for PGY4 2004
Opti-West/Western University of Health Sciences Research Award 2003
Opti-West/Western University of Health Sciences Research Award 2002
PROFESSIONAL & VOLUNTEER AFFILlATIONS
Children’s scoliosis missionary trip, Hospital Civil de Guadalajara Fray Antonio Alcalde, Guadalajara, Mexico, September, 2013
Children’s Spine Foundation community director, 2008
Chairman of Residency Advisory Committee, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, 2006-07
Cure International and Children’s Spine Foundation medical missionary trip, Dominican Republic, September, 2006
California Osteopathic Medical Association 2006
North American Spine Society 2005
American College of Osteopathic Neurological Surgeons 2001- present
American Osteopathic Association 2000 – present
Fluent in Spanish
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
1. Dennis Cramer et al. Effect of Pedal Pump and Thoracic Pump Techniques on Intracranial Pressure in Patients with Traumatic Brain Injuries. J Am Osteopath Assoc, Apr 20 I 0; 110: 232 – 238.
2. Major Neurologic Deficit Immediately After Adult Spinal Surgery: Incidence and Etiology Over 10 Years at a
Single Training Institution Cramer, Dennis E.; Maher, Philip Colby; Pettigrew, David B.; Kuntz, Charles IV. Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques. 22(8):565-570, December 2009.
3. Dennis Cramer, Dan Muilli & Javed Siddiqi, “Cerebral Protection Measures”, in Neurosurgical Intensive Care, J. Siddiqi, Editor, Thieme Publishers, New York, June 2008.
4. Dennis Cramer, Dan Muilli, & Javed Siddiqi, “Neurophysiology in the NeuroICU:
Optionsnndications/Interpretation”, in Neurosurgical Intensive Care, J. Siddiqi, Editor, Thieme Publishers, New York, June 2008.
5. Dennis Cramer, P. Colby Maher, David Pettigrew, Charles Kuntz, IV. Major Neurological Deficits Immediately Following Adult Spinal Surgery: Incidence and Etiology Over 10 Years at One Institution. Lecture presented at the AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves, March I”, 2008.
6. DePowell JJ, Cramer D, Jaramillo J, Kuntz C: Veltebral Osteomyelitis: a review.
lnternational Proceedings of the 13th European Congress of Neurosurgery.
Bologna,Medimond S.r.l., 2007, pp 169-184
7. Dennis Cramer, et. ai, “The Effects of Osteopathic Manipulation on Intracranial Pressure in Patients with Severe Closed Head Injuties”. Research manuscript, publication pending, 2007
8. Dennis Cramer, Ripul Panchal, Brian Miller, Dan Miulli, Javed Siddiqi. Treatment of Basal Ganglia Hemorrhage with Intraventricular Extension using Tissue Plasminogen Activator, electronic poster, AANS, April 2007
9. Treatment of Brain Infections, guest lecturer at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, Sept. 2006
10. Dennis Cramer, Daniel Hutton, Nguyen Do, Nicholas Qandah, Javed Siddiqi. Association between INR Value and Intracerebral Hemorrhage Complicated from External Ventricular Catheter Placement, Oral presentation, CNS, Oct. 2006
11. Nguyen Do, Dennis Cramer, Daniel Hutton, Nicholas Qandah, Javed Siddiqi. Cauda Equina Syndrome: Correlation between timing of surgical decompression and neurological outcome. Electronic poster presentation, CNS, Oct. 2007.
12. Dennis Cramer, Iatrogenic Hemorrhage with External Ventriculostomy and Relation to INR, guest lecturer at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, Sept. 2006
13. Nicholas Qandah, Dennis Cramer, Dan Miulli. The Use of Intraoperative MRI Co-Registration Navigation System for Evaluating Precise Resection Borders for Gliomas & Prognosis. Poster presentation at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists (ACAOS) Conference, Oct. 2005
14. Daniel Hutton, Dennis Cramer, Nguyen Do, Nicholas Qandah, Javed Siddiqi. Clinical Impact of Axial LoadBearing Radiographs on Thoracolumbar Fractures. Poster presentation at the Annual Clinical Assembly of
Osteopathic Specialists (ACAOS) Conference, Oct. 2005
15. Nguyen Do, Dennis Cramer, Daniel Hutton, Nicholas Qandah, Javed Siddiqi. Cauda Equina Syndrome: Correlation of Time to Surgery and Outcome. Poster presentation at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, Oct. 2005
16. Dennis Cramer, Nicholas Qandah, Nguyen Do, Daniel Hutton. Dan Miulli. Grading Scale for Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy: A Guide to Treatment. Poster presentation at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, Oct. 2005
17. Dennis Cramer, Brian Miller, Javed Siddiqi, Dan Miulli. The Current State of Aneurysm Treatment: Meta-analysis of Endovascular Coiling, scientific poster presented at the American Society of Neuroradiology
meeting, May 2005
18. Dennis Cramer, John Spitalieri, Evan Houck, Dan Miulli, Javed Siddiqi. Prognostic Factors for Patients Undergoing Decompressive Hernicraniectomy for Massive Cerebral Infarction, scientific poster presented at the AANS, 2005
19. Dennis Cramer, Javed Siddiqi, Dan Miulli, John Cantando. Mucopyocele Involving the Frontal Sinus and Lateral Orbit & Progressive Proptosis, accepted abstract presentation at the North American Skull Base Society meeting, April 2005
20. Dennis Cramer. Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: Evaluation and Treatment, guest lecturer at the Annual Clinical
Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, Oct. 2004
21. John Spitalieri, Dennis Cramer. Initial Serum Glucose of Traumatic Brain Injured Patients and Outcome as it relates to Patient Age. Scientific poster presentation, AANS, 2005.
22. Dennis Cramer, Javed Sididqi. Relationship among Admission Blood Sugar, INR Value and Neurologic Outcome of Severely Brain Injured Patients, scientific poster presentation, CNS, Oct. 2004
23. Dennis Cramer, John Spitalieri, Javed Siddiqi. Early Prediction of Outcome Following Head Injury: An Assessment of GCS Score and INR Value, scientific poster presentation, CNS, Oct. 2003
24. Dennis Cramer, John Spitalieri, Javed Siddiqi. Demographics and Outcome of Closed Head Injured Patients, Poster presentation at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, 2003
25. Dennis Cramer, Javed Siddiqi, John Spitalieri. Patient Presentation and Outcome of Anterior Cervical Discectomy and/or Corpectomy with Fusion, scientific poster presentation, AANS, 2003
26. Dennis Cramer, John Spitalieri, Javed Siddiqi. Complication Management in Anterior Cervical Surgery, poster presentation at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, 2001
27. Dennis Cramer, John Cantando, Javed Siddiqi. A Three Year Review of 105 Patients with Cervical Spine Fusion and Instrumentation, poster presentation at the Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Specialists Conference, 2001
I just had a procedure done here this morning. The center is very clean and orderly. The nurses were so friendly and kind, it was like talking to a friend. The anesthesiologist had great bedside manner and was honestly the nicest one I’ve ever met. Dr. Jenkins is very sweet and made sure I felt comfortable and informed. She is always very bubbly and makes you feel at ease. Really great people at this place! Highly recommend if you are needing a procedure done.
I have had a number of procedures done. The staff are amazing they took such good care of me. Dr. Ding communicates on a real level.Highly recommend this crew if you ever need surgery they are equipped for
My wife had surgery at your Facility. Dr Tony Mork was the surgeon. We were very impressed with your neat little surgery center. We got very personal care.. Thinking back 10 months when she had surgery we still remember well 😊
Very professional and welcoming staff,made my visit a pleasure. Thank you staff 🙂
Incredibly positive experience. Great staff.. friendly.. reassuring. Highly recommended.
The morning admittance gal who was friendly , knowledgeable and put my nervousness about surgery at ease helped me fill out the necessary forms for surgery. The next nurse prepped me for surgery and explained what would be happening. Again,very personable, organized, and knowledgeableAnother nurse came over and told me she would be helping the doctor in surgery and again explained what was going on. Friendly The orthopedic surgeon came in and spine to me about the surgery also kind and caring. Then surgery was over and I was again met with a kind nurse to help me adjust to waking up. This may all sound very routine to who ever reads this but surgery is Not, routine and it is damm scary to the patient and their families. To be taken care of by friendly, kind caring and knowledgeable staff is so important. My husband And I are grateful for the entire team here at Crown Valley Surgical. Thank you, Barbara and Jeff tatro